I always seem to kill them lol
Many people overcomplicate this. Follow these rules of thumb:
- Water when soil is dry. Stick a finger in the soil and if its dry an inch down, water.
- Water until the water starts draining out the bottom and let it drain all the way out, don't let it stand.
- Overwatering = watering too often. Don't water too often.
- More sun = more watering. Less sun = less watering.
- If you have some weird plants, look it up. But this is what I follow for almost everything.
I can't take credit. I found them on Reddit a while ago and have been following it ever since: https://www.reddit.com/r/houseplants/comments/9jd1ec/do_all_my_plants_need_to_be_watered_thoroughly/
Wow this is...so simple. Thanks.
+1 to this. Have been following that Reddit post for a while.